Sweet Smack Talk Tunes


Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Its March

And in case you've under a rock, the NCAA Tournament begins soon. In preparation, collegiate conferences are holding tournaments all across the country to play for the right to go Dancing. Right here in our own backyard, the Mountain West Conference is having a pretty good season. We had Utah holding a lead in the conference for most of the season, but BYU and New Mexico stepped it up to even the chase and finish with a three-way tie. UNLV and SDSU are having very good seasons as well and with the tournament being held in Vegas; look for UNLV to make some noise.

Just like during the football season, the MWC is showing that it has the ability to be a competitive league both internally and against foes from across the country.

I for one am excited for the dancing to begin. I love March Madness.
p.s. I got a bracket group set up on ESPN. If you want in and I didn’t already email you, let me know.

2 comments:

Carl and Steph said...

It's one thing to make some noise, and it's even a better thing to get more teams in the big dance than the SEC. But to take it to the next level, the conference needs to have a team make it further than UNLV did last year. An elite-8 MWC team would continue to pave the way for the conference.

Shawna said...

Matt I want in send me a message on FB, and I can send you my email or Dave can just show me. Thanks