Sweet Smack Talk Tunes


Thursday, April 9, 2009

...And we'll find a way.

This song is dedicated to a special group of people in this world. Right now it seems like there are three types of NBA fans with regards to our beautiful Jazz team. They are the Jazz-Faithful, the Jazz-Undecided and the full blown Jazz-Haters. I, a Jazz-Faithful, am dedicating this song to all the Jazz-Undecided and a few select Jazz-Haters with a soft heart. I extend this song to you with a stretched out hand and an olive branch. I have a dream that all Jazz fans can join hands and say, "Jazz, amidst all the Jazz-Hatred and Booze-Hatred and Sloan-Fairweathering, you do still have fans that love you. We’ll Stick with you baby...and together...we’ll find a way."

It's a commonly accepted principal of the NBA that the playoffs are a different beast than the regular season. Remember the year the Jazz went to the Western Conference finals they limped into the playoffs like a sick puppy, licking it’s wounds. In this desperate time the team needs us more than ever. We'll be faithful to Jazz, through thick and thin, sickness and health for richer or for poorer as long as the Jazz's slump shall live. I guarantee when the rain stops and the sunshine shines on this beautiful team again, you won’t be disappointed. You will be joyous and happy that you stuck it out with a defenseless, and lazy, stagnate, slum of a team. It’s always darkest before the dawn so stick with them baby. They’ll find a way.

6 comments:

D.K Smack said...

I Agree With some of your comments. I do think that the Jazz have potential but lack desire. Boozer looks like he is out there playing a game of horse. His typical game is not complete without 4 offensive fouls, having your shot swatted off the board 6 times and missing 6 foul shots. Boozer stinks...... Give Milsap back the minutes. Boozer should have 10-14 minutes only a game...IF THAT. Deron Is a Complete Stud. Jazz need Defense. I watched the Lakers play the nuggets. The Mc Nuggets weren't so supersized when you actually put a hand up in JR Smiths face. They tried to shoot jumpers all night against the lakers and kept missing because all shots were contested and most of the lanes were cut off. I was sick to my stomach when I watch the Nuggets Dismantle the Jazz earlier in the week. Jazz- Hater I am not, Just desperate for a person/ team with a PULSE For True Solid Basketball to pump the Blood of Life Back into this great town. Salt Lake has the best fans, We may stink on the road but all we need is to win one on the road and we are a threat. JUST PLAY SOME DEFENSE!!!!

Scuba Steve said...

You sound a little Jazz-Undecided to me DKSmacalicious. You gotta have a little more faith after the energy they brought out tonight against the Spurs. Not that I like the "what-if" scenarios but the Jazz had at least ten shots that rimmed in and out. The Spurs and especially loser Parker were slopping in the exact same crap only theirs were going in. Tonight could have easily been a win but it just wasn't in the cards. You give effort like that and you'll win on the road. Bring it Lakers.

Scuba Steve said...

Thanks for your comments BTW.

Chopper said...

Jackson doesn't want to play us. He knows our potential. I say us because I consider myself part of the team. My heart is breaking!What happened to our intensity? Trade the drunk Boozer for some toughness inside. Memo needs to get his D back like he has shown in the playoffs. D Will needs to be leader and get them in line. The lack of energy is driving me nuts. They can beat the Lakers if they play together as a team. I'm off to watch Remember the Titans!!! There is no I in team!

Unknown said...

Oh the pain of the internal debate! I bleed Jazz blood and yet I find myself hedging my total committment because I can't stand to have my heart stamped on again by an underachieving bunch of Bart Simpsons . . . a la BYU Football 2008. It is easy for us to sit here and debate the great philosophical questions of the day, i.e. do we trade Boozer?, do we need a true big man? why did BYU falter so much last . . . oh, I digress.

However, as we sit here deciding what is better for us, we are not out there seeing all the deals, seeing all the options, or even playing the game. It hurts. It stings to the very core to watch a team so beloved as the Jazz (the little team that can't quite) fall short of their potential every season. As you said, the what if game only serves to demean, but what if the team had been healthy all season? They still find themselves against the Lakers at some point and we still don't have the desire or the meddle to dig in on defense to stop a team with the caliber of talent the Lakers have.

I'm pulling for you Jazz. I'm here till the very bitter end or the very glorious peak.

Scuba Steve said...

I'm still sticking with the Jazz. We're young. I hope we keep our entire team (wishful thinking). I predict a championship in SLC in 2012...Of course it could be ReAl that brings us that championship. Man, could it be that the Jazz played so terrible that they're actually forcing me to take interest in REAL Salt Lake? They got the passion...six goals in one half. I must admit I like the passion.