Sweet Smack Talk Tunes


Thursday, October 16, 2008

Plop! Out comes the Egg! BYU 7 - TCU 32

It kills me to write this, but BYU just made the goose from Willy Wanka look like an overrated gosling. Step aside golden goose, BYU has just outdone you!

Just when I'm about to start blogging that BYU has a very legitimate shot at going to a BCS bowl game, BINGO! They get rolled like the fat on coach Patterson's belly.

TCU owned every aspect of the game through their speed. Both of BYU's lines were bigger, but TCU's seemed almost twice as quick. Hall had hardly anytime to throw the ball and the running game was almost null. The Frog's secondary closed on the ball as fast as a lion closes on a limping zebra. And BYU's defense? Good "team effort" there, you bunch of slow walk-ons. I wish BYU could recruit some DB's with some decent speed that can lock up receivers and go one on one. This "team defense" stuff just got burned with scolding hot water. Bend but don't break? Pss Leaze!!! It just got crushed by a consistant offense. Something that BYU has never seen this season before tonight.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm a huge BYU fan and still believe they are GOOD, just not GREAT like everybody (like myself) thought. The #9 ranking, well, flush that down the drain. Maybe we'll see it again next year. But cheer up Charlie Chops! BYU can at least look forward to that exciting Las Vegas bowl right? Wrong! That bowl is worth as much as its property value, worthless! As long as we keep getting matched up with the 5th seed out of the overrated PAC 10, nobody cares. Not even Bronco himself.

As far as what this big L means for all you drunk Ute fans..........beat TCU and BYU and you'll be chomping Tostitos again. But don't get your hopes up, be prepare to get blazed by TCU's speed and on Nov 22nd...... get ready for another great showdown.

-An angry Chops.

3 comments:

Scott and Rhiannon said...

What a crappy game. As a BYU fan, this was the most disapointing game I've watched since Hawaii 2001. It had much of the same feel to it. Trully sucky. That being said, this team can still do great things. I hope Bronco gets the team to man up and play football like they have a pair. Go Cougars.

Scott and Rhiannon said...

Ha Ha Ha- best picture ever! you didn't even need to write anything!

Rhiannon

Scuba Steve said...

I just have to say that the deer hunt weekend was a really great weekend. Thanks to the Cougs for starting things off on the right foot. Man, the stench from all the blubbering stinkytears blowing in from Utah county was almost making me lose my lunch. But if I would of thrown up, it would have been the happiest purge of my entire life. I can still recall the sorrow I felt as I sped through happy valley. I headed south to the deer hunt the day after the game and the gloominess of Provo was so heavy and melancholy that I believe my gas mileage went down by ten miles to the gallon. I kept my excitement in check though as the weekend was just beginning and a red egg still had the potential of being laid. By the end of the weekend, Utah was #11 BYU was Umteenth-something and Bambi was at the butcher’s house. Sure the Cowboys got their jockstraps handed to them but having Quinney lose to me in fantasy football in typical Quinney Fashion was the icing on the cake. This weekend is one for the journal. That’s for sure. Thanks again Cougs, Utes, Zoobies, Bambi, Jr. Nay the Butcher, and of course the ultimate Slow White Guy, Matt Quinney. It just wouldn’t have been a great weekend without you.