Sweet Smack Talk Tunes


Monday, October 27, 2008

Three Billy Goats Gruff

After completing the Mule deer hunt of 2008 it became time to dust of the razor and trim back the facial manhood that I had been growing for about 3 months. Which got me thinking, Why don't more people have beards? Athletes rarely have beards nowadays, so I would like to take some time now to pay Homage to some of fellow bearded homeys. Since Thumbs hates him so much I will first present the upcoming UFC star Kimbo Slice. This Guy is a man beast and wears the beard great color, has great shape and pulls it off nicely.



Next is one of the all time greats, although I can't stand some of his commentating comments he still had a great career and deserves some props. Bill has so many pearls of wisdom I thought that you could use one for today.

"A lot of people understand what not saying anything means, so, in effect, not saying anything is really saying a lot."
Bill Walton

Speaking from experience there is no better feeling than warmth of a beard holding against the strength of a chilly brisk breeze. Beards are useful and I feel that they should be used more and more. I want to here smacker's thoughts giving the Pro's and Con's of facial hair in sports. Who are some of other greatest BEARDS in sports history. Jake "the Snake" Plummer and Baron Davis and Johnny Damon are some of my favorites. I think that the beard should be part of the uniform just like a Jock Strap or a helmet. May we all remember the lost and forgotten beautiful beard and bring them back at least as I do once a year. Let them see the light of day and let them grow like a Cheya Pet. Let you inner strengh grow, grow and not groom.







Grizzly Adams Did have a Beard.


8 comments:

Unknown said...

C'mon DK, I can't believe after how many times we watched Happy Gilmore in the Dan's breakroom, you'd leave out Grizzly Adams. I can't add him here, but he's an all-time classic.

And while he never sported one that I can think of during his playing days, you can't forget the homegrown hero of Little House on the Prairie - Merlin Olsen.

Chopper said...

The pros of a grizzly beard:

* A great sign of manhood - Not many men can grow steel wool like Bill. If you can accomplish this status of growth, consider your body at least 80% testosterone.

* Intimidation factor - You can't tell me that opponents aren't afraid of brushing up against that wire and getting sliced like tuna fish. And once the sweat starts percolating within those gristles; don't brush into it, or you'll be in need for mop, no towel can soak up that much liquid. In other words, don't get next to Bill "the greasy ape" Walton after warm-ups.

The cons of a grizzly beard:

* The ugliness - No offense DK, but I saw a photo of you before the hunt - you made Sasqwatch look like Brook Burke.

* Not gettin any - Any woman who likes cuddling up in that bundle of fur has issues. The only romance Grizzly Adams most likely got was with just that - GRIZZLY bears.

* The itch and scratch - The constant itch alone serves as a true test to anyone trying to grow such an animal. I can't handle a gote more than a few weeks. It drives me mad.

* Food Hangers - Have you ever seen a tough biker dude eating at Flying J? Well I have, and half of his dish was imbedded within his greasy forest below his mouth. Good luck with that Mr. Griles, only a clean shower will get that cheese out.

D.K Smack said...

Much of the Itchiness goes away after a couple of weeks chopper. I think your wife can't stand your gote more than you. I remember you having one quite with some serious length to it. Give the beard another shot, you don't have to go to Steel Wool Phase or even Grizzle Stage. Maybe start with the Brett Farve Shadow, and work your way up to True Manhood. I like you with a billy goat bring it back. After cleaning the slate of my artwork, I have started again with a tribute to Abe Lincoln. That is the Beauty of facial hair it is like a stray cat you feed. It always keeps coming back.

Unknown said...

Was that Grizzly Adams pic always there? I didn't see it before.

Chopper said...

No he posted it later...at 2:00 am....falling asleep.....drooling all over his keyboard.

D.K Smack said...

actually it was 330, but yes drool was involved. And yes Grizzly Adams did have a beard!!!!!

Scuba Steve said...

Facial pubes in any form are puke worthy. The only difference between the billy-goat's gruff and the treasure-trail land downunda is the location. It's all gross.

That being said I didn't want to forget Giambi and the "registered-sex-offender-stache". That facial hair brought good luck with it. But my all time favorite beard of any person; celebrity or non-celebrity is the beard Chris Kaman has on his shoulders and back! I would hate to body up against that red ape. Nasty.

Scuba Steve said...

One other topic I wanted to comment on. Kimbo's not with UFC, he's with EliteXC. He's the reason the company's going under because he lost to a scrub. UFC is the real deal and EliteXC minor-league ripoff. It's all under the umberella of MMA(Mixed Martial Arts)but they're different leagues. If UFC were the PGA Tour, EliteXC would be the Nationwide Tour.

Not trying to be a smart "A" just mentioning what I learned at a "Guys-night-out" party I had with my Bros-in-law a few weeks back. I was forcefed all the ins and outs and now I kinda like it.