Sweet Smack Talk Tunes


Sunday, November 2, 2008

Olden Caveman Out Again!

I'm not ready to call Oden a bust, but Sam Bowie has been backing off from the ledge within the last year or so. Oden is making Bowie look like a bargain. After sitting out his entire rookie year with a knee injury, I'm sure Gregory Oden took the floor in his first regular season NBA game ready to prove that all the hype is true - he can dominant the paint. Well after going 0-for-4 shooting, zero points, five rebounds, and two turnovers in a whopping 12 minutes 51 seconds of NBA action, Oden limped off the court like a wounded dog. What a surprise? What else is failing in his 85 year old body? This time its his ankle. Besides his right leg being longer than his left, he's staring down a long NBA career right in the face right? Well maybe, but so far he's done nothing but prove that all the hype is in fact true - He's a softie!!

I don't wish injuries upon anybody, but as a Jazz fan, I'd rather he not become a dominant factor in the West. Keep doing what your doing Olden. Maybe after 3 years of riding the bench, you'll be 40 and need a nice place to retire in the East where we won't have to worry about your "potential" anymore.

So here's to you Geico "Olden" Caveman.... I'm just glad I'm not paying for your health insurance.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think Oden is overrated and I agree, he's making Bowie look like a superstar. The only person cheering for him to be hurt is finally getting off the goat list. Haha.

BTW, hey teammate.

Scuba Steve said...

I've got to disagree with you Chops. It's easy to say that Oden is going to be a flop as he's sitting the bench with his second major injury. But all this talk about him having the body of an old man is bunk. His face is old, but he's quick, big, and athletic. This ankle sprain was legitimate and it would have taken down any player in the NBA. His ankle isn't old...it's an ankle...and it doesn't bend the way it was turned. Does that make his body old? I rather focus my attention on how many three-legged rabbits (bad luck) he's been rubbing. I agree that Portland has had bad luck with Oden's career thus far. But I attribute that to Oden's badluck. I think the tables can turn quite quickly and Oden's goodluck will play to the Blazer's good fortune. In fact, ragging on Oden might bring his bad luck on to you for C-BAC so you better watch your step or it could be your last. Hahahahahaha.