Sweet Smack Talk Tunes


Saturday, November 15, 2008

Introduction

It is with a solemn heart and a feeling of great honor that I accept this invitation to join this elite group of sports bloggers. I consider myself now duty bound to contribute in a manner befitting the standards already established heretofore on this blog.

So, this being my first post, I find myself in a bit of a quandary. I am associating myself now with sports enthusiasts with the names of Thumbs, Chops, Scuba, and DK Smack and I am only now becoming aware that I lack an appropriate Smack Blog nickname.

Therefore, I need your help loyal followers of the CBAC Smack Blog. I need a good solid nickname for signing my posts. Keep em short, keep em witty, and we’ll go from there.

I look forward to many future opportunities to share thoughts with one another about our shared passion of sports.

Signed,

4 comments:

Chopper said...

Welcome. I don't have much history on you to go off of, so how about:

Q
Quin
Lefty
Qefty (joke)
Quinefty (joke)
Essay (because your comments are so long & thorough)
Slow White Guy (FF reference)
Banker (career reference and i've seen you bank in your fair share of 3 pointers)

D.K Smack said...

Quantum
Dr. Quinn Medicine Man
The Quan (jerry maguire)
Q-nique
Queger Fan
Q Vato
Wonka???

Just a couple of ideas hope you can use them,
DK

Scuba Steve said...

The Matt-er of fact-or (could be shortened to "The Factor")
CBAC SMATT
Mattchoo-Pichu
"Beat the Pumpkin"
Heafty Lefty
Raisin Nips

McConaughey (if you post on Mondays it could be McConaughey Monday. We could get more accidental hits from people looking for the real McConaughey.)

My real pick is Quinney. Even though your brudder is a Quinney as well. He's actually Flyin'Eagle. You are the person people think of when the word "Quinney"is spoken. I've even looked back through almost all the CBAC rosters to see if we have called you anything else. They've all been either Matt or Quinney. I think you are Quinney therefore your name should be Quinney. That's my opion anyway. Either that or Raisin Nips.

Daniel said...

When I lay in bed at night thinking of the name Matt Quinney, Three things come immediately to my mind:

1. Banker
2. So left hand dominate that if he were to lose his left hand he would learn to eat, write, and play basketball with his left foot rather than realize he does have a right hand.
3. The world’s most sloppy game winning shots.

That being said, I would recommend a creative nickname that uses these attributes you possess.

1. Q-Bank
2. Amputee (Might as well amputate your right hand since you NEVER use it)
3. MQ (MJ game winners “Quinney Style”)

Welcome aboard.